Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Reviewing VIX Index – Last 5 Sessions Candlestick Analysis; 10 Year Look Back
· January 11th: Bullish Inverted Hammer
o Continued to hold modest bullish window of Dec 22-23
· January 12th: Long legged Bullish Inverted Hammer
· January 13th: Bullish Hammer Bottom – New Low Settle since mid-2014
· January 17th: Bullish Inverted Hammer/Gap Higher created a Bullish Window (Jan 13-17)
o Confirms the bullish implications of the Jan 13 Bull Hammer
· January 18th: Bullish Engulfing (Jan 17-18)
o Further supports the trend change to bullish.
Brief comment on VIX; January 13 set a new low close since mid-2014. The 10.73 close in June 2104 closed a bullish window dating to Feb 26th 2007, which was about the time that a good number of traders recognized that the financial crisis was underway.